DEinternational is an integral part of the network of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce Abroad (AHK), with around 140 offices in 92 countries. In China services offered under the brand DEinternational are provided by the 8 offices of the German Industry & Commerce (GIC). GIC provides tailor-made services to help its clients succeed. It specializes in the Chinese market and supports companies with a wide range of services.
GIC Greater China – Shanghai is currently seeking a Deputy General Manager (m/f). For this position in Shanghai we are seeking a person with strong business management and additional relevant experience in sales and leadership functions. Candidates should have a proven track-record of operative, strategic and sales-oriented skills and knowledge, as well as the necessary sensitivity for working within an intercultural environment. This position should, in collaboration with department heads and other offices in China, provide active support in company planning, control, and strategic business development.
Welche Aufgaben kommen auf Sie zu?
- Deputy head function of our service company in Shanghai with branch offices in Qingdao, Hangzhou, and Taicang totaling 120 staff
- Supporting all departments in acquiring and implementing projects from private and public organizations within Germany and China
- Consultation and support of German enterprises for their China business
- Foster close relationships within the AHK China network as well as actively develop and implement joint and collaboration projects, processes and management structures for all our offices in China
- Active promotion and sale of our range of services; evaluation, adaption and further development of current range of services as regards ongoing developments of market conditions in China and Germany
- Direct responsibility for several departments within GIC Shanghai, depending on candidate’s previous experience and our organization’s overall needs – this includes responsibility for profit and loss statements, HR responsibility, as well as results-orientated, strategic planning
- Representing the interests of the AHK in events, discussion panels, workshops, delegate trips and external appointments in China, Asia, and Germany (this also applies to holding talks and presentations in German and English)
- Optimizing and further developing internal processes
Was sollten Sie mitbringen?
- University degree (especially in economic sciences or law), with strong references to China
- Well-developed professional contact network that is relevant for the scope of activities of AHK in China
- Native level German skills and excellent English skills (spoken and written), preferably also good Chinese skills
- Thorough understanding of Chinese and German markets and business cultures with excellent communication skills
- Strong previous experience with a focus on HR Management, Office Administration, incl. internal IT / TK Services and Business IT services
- No less than 5 years of professional experience in a sales-affiliated service environment within China and in any western country, alternatively within the DEInternational area of the international AHK network
- Relevant leadership experience and proven management skills including managing large budgets, and experience in generating profit by selling services, sponsoring, memberships and/or efficient allocation of public subsidies
- Services-related industry experience in the key industries served by AHK China – including among others the automotive industry, machine building, environmental technology, food industry, medical engineering
- Strong service attitude, flexibility with regard to external stakeholders requirements and availability for frequent trips within China, Asia, and Germany
Was bieten wir Ihnen?
- Leadership position with global contacts within the German Chambers of Commerce network
- Modern, professional, and interesting work environment with far-reaching regional responsibilities
- Local work contract with an initial term of 3 years, including an extension option
- Performance-based remuneration
If you are interested please forward your complete application documents (CV, photo, references) including a German language cover letter stating your salary expectations and earliest possible availability to the following address: email@example.com
Please understand that, due to expected high demand, phone inquiries cannot be processed.