The Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MGCC) is Germany's official representative for industry and trade in Malaysia. As the largest bilateral chamber in the country, we connect our network with ministries, government agencies, business organizations and companies in Malaysia and Germany.
MGCC’s Department of the German Dual Vocational Training (GDVT) Programme is seeking a motivated colleague with a desire for accomplishments in a diverse environment. The person in charge will work closely with all GDVT Partners, companies, institutions and authorities, to ensure operational excellence of the apprenticeship programs. This includes meeting the growth and sustainability goals of the programs.
Welche Aufgaben kommen auf Sie zu?
What Will You Be Doing?
- Leading a team of currently 3 with a possibility of an increase in headcount due to future expansion.
- Cooperating with Malaysian training institutions throughout the country inclusive of business travels to Penang, Johor, Sabah, Sarawak and etc.
- Working closely with participating companies to ensure an excellence on-the-job training.
- Reaching out to potential business partnering with local and international companies.
- Supporting the development of curriculum and training systems for new programs and further trainings in Malaysia.
- Representing MGCC and the GDVT concept towards Malaysian Ministries and governmental bodies, including presentations and lectures on meetings and conferences, manning booths at career fairs, visiting Malaysian schools and etc.
- Enabling the success of the operations team as a whole as well as individual team members, including areas such as:
- Ensure effective communication between various areas of responsibility.
- Ensure standard operating procedures (SOPs) are being followed, develop new SOPs as and when it is needed.
- Ensure correct reporting and documentation within the team.
- Assist team members on operational area as and when requires which may include identifying additional resources or personally taking over some of those responsibilities.
- Being an active part of the MGCC management team, developing and implementing new strategies, working on cultural changes and ensuring close collaboration with the other MGCC departments
The person in charge will also serve as liaison to organisations in Germany, especially Chambers, institutions, and authorities involved in “Berufsbildungsexport” (export of German Dual Education programs). This requires a full understanding of the Core Competencies and Learning Objectives for each profession. It entails but is not limited to the following entities:
- Manage MGCC’s relationship with PAL, IHKs, DIHK, BiBB, BMBF, BMWi, DAAD.
- Expand and utilise extensive network of resources in Germany to support these initiatives in Malaysia.
- Work within the international AHK network and other key partners to establish best practices and lessons learned.
Was sollten Sie mitbringen?
The job requires:
- More than 5 years of post-graduate work experience relating to vocational training.
- Extensive experience with German dual vocational education system required. German Trainthe-Trainer Certificate will be an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively advise and work with high level partners (company and school heads, high level Ministry representatives, German Embassy, etc.)
- Experience in managing a diverse team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and German
- Command of Bahasa Malaysia is a Plus
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects
- Self-motivated and highly dedicated
- Desire to work in a cooperative team environment
- Willing to travel domestically and abroad
Was bieten wir Ihnen?
Why Should You Work for Us?
The Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MGCC®) is part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK network) with 140 offices in 92 countries. MGCC is the official representative of German industry and trade in Malaysia, and is a member-based service organisation committed to providing advice to Malaysian and German companies with the aim to promote bilateral economic relations. You will be working at the heart of the Malaysian-German business community, cooperating closely with renowned German companies and contributing to shaping the economic cooperation of both countries.
Please send us your cover letter, CV and salary expectations via email to email@example.com