The German-Arab Chamber of Industry and Commerce (GACIC) was established in Egypt in 1951. Representing more than 2500 members GACIC is the largest organisation in the framework of business cooperation between Germany and the Arab world. GACIC plays a pivotal role in Egyptian and German business cooperation. The network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHKs), consisting of bilateral Chambers of Commerce Abroad, delegations and representative offices of German business, advises, supports and represents German companies worldwide that want to establish or expand their foreign business. AHKs are institutions of German foreign trade promotion. The Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce e. V. (DIHK) coordinates and continuously develops the network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad. They are proportionately funded by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Action (BMWK).
The German Arab Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Egypt is seeking to hire a Head of Trade Fairs Department.
About the position
- Official representative of: Messe Berlin, Messe Dusseldorf, Messe Muenchen, Koelnmesse, Deutsche Messe AG, Spielwarenmesse.
- Promotion, Marketing and Sales of Exhibition Spaces and Fair supporting services (i.e. stand construction, travel, press, events, etc.)
- Handle the design of proposals, invoicing, database, client visits.
- Organize press conferences for trade fairs.
- Identify new business opportunities, markets and customer needs.
- Lobbying with local associations, key players of industry and export and others.
- Projects reporting of activities/stands at fairs in Egypt / sector reports or news etc.
- Cooperation with local trade fair venues: chamber stand organization and other services.
- Maintain and update VIPs Data in Netsuite: Associations, Export Councils of promo letters, acquisition of exhibitors, identification of sectorial specialized publications and online media, etc.
- Training for Trade Fairs participations
- Relevant university degree
- Excellent written and spoken German, English and Arabic languages.
- Efficient and careful way of working.
- Excellent professional manners
- Ability to collaborate in interdisciplinary and intercultural teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High organizational skills in a demanding work environment, sometimes with a high workload.
- Ability and willingness to travel abroad, on weekends as well for the support of the Trade Fair exhibitors
Please send your CV and Motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "Head of Trade Fairs Department" in the subject.