Welche Aufgaben kommen auf Sie zu?What does the Manager Client Relationships, Apprenticeship Networks do?
In this role you can look forward to:
- Identifying, meeting, and consulting with existing and prospective companies, colleges, and other partners with the goal to expand existing apprenticeship clusters and establish new clusters of the MAT2 Apprenticeship program in Michigan.
- Further grow and strengthen GACC Midwest’s apprenticeship program services, especially in the State of Michigan and adjacent States.
- Actively cooperating with trade associations, educational institutions, government agencies and other stakeholders to promote and grow the MAT2 Apprenticeship Program in Michigan.
- Coordinating and managing GACC Midwest’s services for the MAT2 Apprenticeship program in Michigan in cooperation with the Apprenticeship Networks team of GACC Midwest in Chicago.
- Identifying talent pipelines and establishing close relationships with high-schools and other organizations to support and grow the applicant pool for the MAT2 Apprenticeship program.
- Proactively seeking and monitoring funding opportunities for the MAT2 Apprenticeship program.
- Travelling. In this role a significant amount of time will be spent outside the Chamber’s office, visiting current and potential MAT2 Apprenticeship Program apprenticeship network companies, colleges, and other partners, or attending Chamber and partner events.
Was sollten Sie mitbringen?
Qualification and skills of the ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of post-graduate work experience
- Self-starter – Self-motivated and highly dedicated, proactive, and highly responsive
- Client Relationship Management – Knowledge and ability to build and nurture strong relationships
- Effective Communications – Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact and engage multiple levels within an organization (C-level, sales, HR, etc.)
- Business Acumen – Understanding of the US and German education systems, especially apprenticeship systems. In addition, solid understanding of US and German markets, business environments and culture
- Selling – Ability to generate revenue by selling a range of GACC Midwest’s professional apprenticeship services
- Prospecting – Must be available to attend Chamber and partner events, including outside of normal business hours
- Tech Savvy – Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as CRM and mailing/list management systems
- Travelling – Ability to drive and access transportation to reach companies/meetings outside of urban areas is essential
Was bieten wir Ihnen?
Why GACC Midwest?
At GACC Midwest, we believe that our benefits should make a difference—to you, your job, today and in the future. We are dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our employees!
- 20 paid vacation days
- 14 paid holidays including Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, plus additional days around Thanksgiving and Year End
- “Unlimited” Sick Day Policy
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance with multiple plan options and networks (BlueCross / BlueShield HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Employee Life / Spouse Life
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company-paid Life Insurance + (AD&D)/ Spouse AD&D
- Long-Term Disability
- FSA Health Care / FSA Transit
- 401(k) matching with a competitive, discretionary employer contribution
- Bonus plan
- Plus: Work from Home Policy, Flex-Time Policy
Please note, we require all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. GACC Midwest is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Potential employees are subject to background checks.