The Delegations of German Industry and Commerce in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Taipei represent the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce in Greater China and are part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK). On behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany, they represent the overall economic interests of Germany, focusing on the promotion of bilateral trade and investment. They work in close cooperation with the German Chamber of Commerce in China and the German Industry and Commerce Greater China Co. Ltd. to provide support for German enterprises and their local partners.
To support the Delegation’s tasks and activities in our office in Beijing, we are currently looking for an experienced and committed Senior Manager Economic Policy (m/f/d). Work Location: Beijing, China
About the positionYour mission
- Shape our advocacy agenda towards the Chinese government and support in pinpointing challenges and opportunities within the economic policy landscape for over 5,000 German companies in China.
- Provide valuable economic policy analysis which serves as a basis for decision making for German companies in China.
- Identifying and initiating actions for crucial policy topics which drive Sino-German relations (e.g. gathering issues from members, compiling advocacy points for governments, providing analyses and initiating roundtables for members).
- Compiling targeted and fast-response information and analysis for various Chinese and German stakeholders.
- Drafting of engaging advocacy papers on a wide range of topics.
- Developing engaging and convincing talking points, speeches, and presentations for representing the German companies interests at high-level meetings with Chinese and German government stakeholders as well as for briefing C-Level company representatives
- Up-to-date analysis on the most current economic indicators.
- Liaising closely with German companies and German associations in China on relevant policy topics.
- Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Politics, Law, East Asian Studies, or another academic field relevant for this position.
- 3 to 5 years of working experience in a similar or related field.
- A firm grasp of economic and political developments in China, Germany, the EU, the USA and international politics.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of Sino-German and Sino-EU business relations.
- Familiar with the mechanism of China’s policy environment, possessing solid judgement ability.
- Ability to navigate political sensitivities and to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with strict deadlines; high flexibility in adapting to projects as they arise.
- Executive-level writing and editing skills.
- Experience with extensive research projects
- German native speaker, fluency in English (written and verbal), fluency in Mandarin (written and verbal) preferred.
- MS Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc.)
- Excellent communication and good networking skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility, reliability, and ability to observe confidentiality. A structured work approach and high attention to detail. Able to work independently.
What we offer
- A meaningful position with the chance to shape Sino-German relations.
- An interesting position in the center of the Sino-German political and business community.
- A position embedded in the Chamber’s China-wide GA & Advocacy Team with the possibility for business travel among different locations in China.
- The chance to extend responsibilities soon (e.g. moderating roundtables).
- A target-oriented working style in a harmonious working environment with around 200 Chinese and international colleagues in our China-wide offices.
- The German chamber network worldwide with 140 offices in 92 countries offers an excellent platform for your personal and your long-term career development.
- The position reports to the China Head of Government Affairs & Advocacy.
- The position is based on a local employment contract.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please send us your application documents to this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org